Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange
Organizations leaving Microsoft Exchange for Google Apps are ready to leave behind a rigid, old-fashioned legacy platform for an IT solution that is as efficient as it is innovative. Our migration experts know the various factors that need to be considered when coming from Exchange; here is how those factors fit into our migration methodology:
Discovery and Planning
- Project Planning & Kickoff — Gteknologiea provides specific migration and deployment project discovery. Our migration specific project manager will conduct a project kickoff, analysis of any business impact concerns, and deployment timeline with your project team. As a deliverable of this output, a deployment project plan will be created and approved by your core project team.
Design and Configuration
- Mail Coexistence/Routing — When we migrate your company’s early adopters to Google Apps, other members of your organization are still going to be on Microsoft Exchange until we complete the migration, leaving both platforms operational for some period of time. Managing coexistence and ensuring that everyone still communicates without difficulty is paramount during this phase.
- Calendar Coexistence/Integration — Much like mail coexistence, availability of querying calendar Free/Busy time is a requirement we meet to smooth your transition. Users on Microsoft Exchange and users on Google Apps will still be able to see and overlay each other’s calendars.
- Directory Synchronization — Likewise, directory sync ensures that users and groups on both platforms can access each other’s contact information to easily communicate with co-workers.
Data Migration Services
- Data Migration — Our team will walk you through the tools and options concerning the migration of mail, calendar, and contact data. Depending on how comprehensively your personnel uses mail, calendar and contacts, this phase can be one of the most time consuming, but arguably the most important.
- On-premise vs. Hosted Exchange — Over time, Exchange has developed so that certain clients are using on-premise servers, while others work with hosted, or outsourced, Exchange servers. In either case, we can handle the transition, and configuring your migration will proceed smoothly.
- Variety of options — Our training team can deliver training to your organization in a variety of ways, from webinars to classroom training to train-the-trainer sessions. Visit our training page to learn more.
Post Deployment Support
- Let us figure it out — As part of your deployment, we provide one month or up to 20 hours of support for your IT staff. We provide 24 hour help desk ticketing online, and a 9-5 PM support line. Learn more about additional support packages.
- Ensure success — We track progress against plan with excruciating detail. Our project managers will help identify potential obstacles early, and quickly bring the right people and information together to reach a decision.
- Make an efficient change — Prepare your organization for success by implementing Change Management and connecting with your users throughout the migration. Change Management will reduce production drop and increase time to proficiency during your migration, learn more.
Learn more about switching to Google Apps
Gteknologiea has the knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps migrations that will accelerate your transition. Our job is to guide you through an efficient transition so that you can reap the benefits of Google Apps as soon as possible. Contact us to get started today.