Google Apps Migration for Lotus Notes
One of the unique strengths of Gteknologies is that we were Lotus experts before we were Google experts. With over 25 years of combined Lotus/Domino system administration, application development, operations and support experience, our Lotus veterans will understand the unique requirements of your environment, regardless of your current Lotus Notes/Domino platform version or total number of users.
Lotus Notes/Domino Specialized Approach
Lotus Notes/Domino migrations are different. These migrations often require special consideration in a number of areas. Here is how the specific Lotus Notes/Domino migration factors fit into our migration methodology:
Discovery and Planning
- Project Planning & Kickoff — Gteknologies provides specific migration and deployment project discovery. Our migration specific project manager will conduct a project kickoff, analysis of any business impact concerns, and deployment timeline with your project team. As a deliverable of this output, a deployment project plan will be created and approved by your core project team.
Design and Configuration
- Mail Coexistence/Routing — When we migrate your company’s early adopters to Google Apps, other members of your organization are still going to be on Lotus Notes until we complete the migration, leaving both platforms operational for some period of time. Managing coexistence and ensuring that everyone still communicates without difficulty is paramount during this phase.
- Free/Busy Time — Much like mail coexistence, availability of querying calendar Free/Busy time is a requirement we meet to smooth your transition. Users on Lotus Notes and users on Google Apps will still be able to see and overlay each other’s calendars and book meetings.
- Directory Synchronization — Likewise, directory sync ensures that users and groups on both platforms can access each other’s contact information to easily communicate with co-workers.
- Data Migration — Our team will walk you through the tools and options concerning the migration of mail, calendar, and contact data. Depending on how comprehensively your personnel uses mail, calendar and contacts, this phase can be one of the most time consuming, but arguably the most important.
- Domino Applications/Workflow migration — Many organizations have built custom applications on Lotus Domino. As part of a migration to Google Apps, we will analyze your application portfolio and design a strategy for migrating the most commonly used applications to Google Apps or an alternate platform based on functionality required.
- Variety of options — Our training team can deliver training to your organization in a variety of ways, from webinars to classroom training to train-the-trainer sessions. Visit our training page to learn more.
Post Deployment Support
- Let us figure it out — As part of your deployment, we provide one month or up to 20 hours of support for your IT staff. We provide 24 hour help desk ticketing online, and a 9-5 PM support line. Learn more about additional support packages.
- Ensure success — We track progress against plan with excruciating detail. Our project managers will help identify potential obstacles early, and quickly bring the right people and information together to reach a decision.
- Make an efficient change — Prepare your organization for success by implementing Change Management and connecting with your users throughout the migration. Change Management will reduce production drop and increase time to proficiency during your migration, learn more.
Download the Field Guide
Read Gteknologies’ Field Guide for Migrating from Lotus Notes/Domino to Google Apps (.pdf). This Field Guide describes four key migration concerns: coexistence, directory synchronization, data migration, and application migration.
Want to learn more about switching to Google Apps?
We are the experts in Lotus Notes to Google Apps migrations. Our job is to guide you through an efficient transition so that you can reap the benefits of Google Apps as soon as possible. Contact us using the form below to get started today.