Google Message Security
Take Advantage of Google’s World-Class Spam and Virus Filtering
Google Message Security, powered by Postini, is a secure, hosted service that provides enterprise-grade spam and virus protection and email content filtering, delivering costeffective email management. Google Message Security lets you:
- Secure your inbound and outbound email from spam, viruses, phishing, and other email-borne threat
- Set central email policies to manage content and compliance requirement
- Receive email messages even if your email server goes down
Google Message Security automatically enforces your email security policies to help assure legal and regulatory compliance for both inbound and outbound email across your organization.
The service also provides a convenient web console for administration, enabling real-time configuration and policy modifications, monitoring, and alerting, as well as comprehensive reporting for administrators. Define users in the console, or integrate Google Message Security with your organization directory for easy user synchronization.
Google Message Security provides highly effective inbound and outbound email security for organizations of all sizes.
Google Message Security also:
- Delivers exceptionally low false positive rates
- Leverages global “network effect” based on billions of email messages per day to
identify emerging threats, ensuring early blocking and prevention. Quickly self-corrects
for safe IP addresses so that email flow is not interrupted.
- Eases IT management of policy configuration, ensuring appropriate user guidelines
- Lets end users manage their own message quarantines and settings and fine-tune preferences within IT-set policies, via an easy-to-use web interface and without additional support.
- Includes Transport Layer Security (TLS) support, allowing encryption of sensitive email communications (can be automatically enforced for communications between designated email domains)
Google Message Security Supports:Mail servers — The service supports common mail servers including Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Sendmail, Macintosh OS X Server, Novell Groupwise, and is also included in Google Apps Premier Edition.
Service Providers (hosted email) — The service is compatible with ISPs and domain name providers that host the email for your own domain but you must have the ability to change the MX records associated with your service.